Arizona....5 round mags max
N.Y. ...Mag limits
Kansas
Utah
Maine.... 5 round mags max

No AR's here:
PA

Last edited:

I think there is something on page 21 or 23 in the ODNR rules of hunting laws. Ohio hunting is ruled by farmers and bow hunters. Gun hunter come in last place.

Ny also has more strict limits. Here is the rules for SA firearms.

Assault Weapons

It shall be unlawful to possess any “assault weapon” or “large capacity ammunition feeding device.” So called assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to September 14, 1994 and large capacity ammunition feeding devices manufactured prior to such date can continue to be lawfully possessed..

“Assault weapon” is defined as:

A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:

a folding or telescoping stock
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the actionof the weapon
a bayonet mount
a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
a grenade launcher
A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following characteristics
a folding or telescoping stock
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds
an ability to accept a detachable magazine
A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics
an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip
a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer
shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned
manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded
A semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm
Any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as:
Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (All Models)
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil
Beretta Ar70 (SC-70)
Colt AR-15
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC
SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12
Steyr AUG
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22
revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker
Assault weapons does not include:
any rifle, shotgun or pistol that: is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; or has been rendered permanently inoperable
An antique firearm as defined under federal law
A semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition
A semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine
A rifle, shotgun or pistol, or a replica or a duplicate thereof, specifically exempted from the federal assault weapon ban list as such weapon was manufactured on October 1, 1993
“Large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition. There is an exception for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

Yup...you just summed up why NY is so retarded....it's pretty bad when they try impelementing gun restrictions and the founding author of the bills has no idea what it is she is even banning.

Yep..only 5 rounders for hunting!!!

Originally Posted By: waterweasleOriginally Posted By: flyinlizard1 Suprise, suprise N.Y. ok but only 10 rds or under for the mags, unless its pre-ban.

check the regs, 5 round for hunting......

At least "certain people" can get married here now!!! LOL

Originally Posted By: jinxed247Yup...you just summed up why NY is so retarded....it's pretty bad when they try impelementing gun restrictions and the founding author of the bills has no idea what it is she is even banning.

Last edited:
Tennessee good on AR's, suppressors, no magazine restrictions, .22 centerfire okay for deer, no night hunting. oh yeah they just outlawed hog hunting in the state - idiot people running things from behind a desk.

Only 5 round clip in Arizona. Did find out I can't take it to South Africa though. No semi-autos of any kind allowed. I'll be shooting Jackals with my 12 Gauge bush gun.

Originally Posted By: bushyarizona.......does anyone want to venture a guess?

In AZ, magazine capacity is limited to 5 rounds on any semi auto centerfire rifle. (Commission Rule R12-4-303A4).

Suppressors are NOT allowed for hunting......yet. The AZ legislature currently has a bill pending on supressors to amend ARS 17-309A10. If passed, this would enable the AZ Game and Fish Commission to be able to allow them.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

I think there is something on page 21 or 23 in the ODNR rules of hunting laws. Ohio hunting is ruled by farmers and bow hunters. Gun hunter come in last place.

What are you trying to tell me, I'm not sure?

I sent an email to the odnr and of course instead of a yes or no answer, she (Laura roth) tells me to check the Ohio regs pages 20-23. Well on page 21 it says rifles are ok except on public land oct 15-Jan 1st during daylight hours. Unless you're hunting squirrels with a .22 and on page 23 it says rifles with night vision scopes are ok. So from my understanding of what I read, AR's are GTG except during the day from oct 15- Jan 1 on public land. I cant find any kind of rifle or mag capacity restrictions. Besides that, I know a lot of guys in Ohio hunting yotes/g-hogs with AR's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ezbiteI sent an email to the odnr and of course instead of a yes or no answer, she (Laura roth) tells me to check the Ohio regs pages 20-23. Well on page 21 it says rifles are ok except on public land oct 15-Jan 1st during daylight hours. Unless you're hunting squirrels with a .22 and on page 23 it says rifles with night vision scopes are ok. So from my understanding of what I read, AR's are GTG except during the day from oct 15- Jan 1 on public land. I cant find any kind of rifle or mag capacity restrictions. Besides that, I know a lot of guys in Ohio hunting yotes/g-hogs with AR's.

Yep ezbite no one will ever commit to an answer in Ohio. Some state parks like westbranch are no rifles so you have to watch out for those. We have some strange rules about night hunting and white lights that have to be on for some species and such, conflicting info in the regs, especially about coyotes.

Last edited:
Updated list:

GTG:
Michigan.... 5 round mags max
Virginia
Wisconsin
Indiana
Illinois
Arkansas and suppressors OK
Idaho
Minnesota
North Dakota
South Dakota
Arizona....5 round mags max
N.Y. ...Mag limits
Kansas
Utah
Maine.... 5 round mags max
Missouri...10 rounds max - suppression is ok
Montana
Colorado
West Virginia
South Carolina

No AR's here:
PA

Last edited:
Missouri

10 rounds max - suppression is ok, Is required to hunt with me.
smile.gif

Back